25K Relay Start – 8:30a
A 25K Relay group consists of two to three participants who will run the entire 25K (15.5 miles) distance. Each participant will run one leg that ranges from 3 to 7 miles. If your relay group has only two members participating, this will require that one member run two consecutive legs.
Course Information and Map
- Start on Monroe Avenue at Lyon Street – finish on Ottawa Avenue at Lyon Street
- See Relay instructions below
- Baby joggers, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and animals are not allowed on the course.
25K Relay Deadlines and Registration Fees
- The Relay group captain will create a group by 11:59 pm and share the special URL and password with other participants to complete online registration no later than Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 11:59p (edt).
- Event Check-in on Friday, May 11, 2018 from 11a -8p available during the Sports & Fitness Expo, DeVos Place, 303 Monroe Ave, Grand Rapids and Saturday, May 12, 2018 beginning at 6a, DeVos Place.
- Late registration or changes for 25K Relay groups will NOT be available on Friday, May 11, 2018 or Saturday, May 12, 2018 (EVENT DAY). Individuals may late register on Friday, May 11, 2018, however, they cannot be attached to a 25K Relay group.
- NO REGISTRATION AVAILABLE ON EVENT DAY!
- Participant bib must be worn on front and the “RELAY” bib on the back.
- Each leg will be timed individually AND as the Relay group.
- Participants will receive a t-shirt, finisher medal, post-event refreshments and a free beverage ticket for the Finish Fest on Calder Plaza.
- Upgrade to a Saucony tech shirt for $19.78 when you register (Quantity limited/no exchanges. Not available at late registration on Friday, May 11, 2018. Saucony Sizing Chart
- Save $5.30 off one event fee with a Fifth Third Bank credit or debit card. (Valid for one registration per transaction and cannot be combined with other offers.)
25K Relay Instructions
Leg #1 participants (6.77 miles)
25K Start Line to Butterworth/Wilson
Leg #1 begins at the Fifth Third River Bank Run Start Line located on Monroe Avenue. Leg #1 participants may bag their gear (or give to a group member) and place it on the appropriate Exchange Zone bus (bags are available at the loading zone on Michigan Street between Monroe Avenue and Ottawa Avenue – be sure to attached the gear check tag from your bib). The Fifth Third River Bank Run cannot be responsible for lost items.
The bus will leave Exchange Zone 2 at 10:00a to take finishers downtown.
Leg #2 participants (5.37 miles) Leg 2 Exchange Zone Map
Butterworth/Wilson to Butterworth/O’Brien
Exchange Zone bus, located on Michigan Street (between Monroe Avenue and Ottawa Avenue) will leave downtown at 8:15a for Butterworth/Wilson Leg #2 participants may bag gear (or give to a team member) and place it on the bus for Exchange Zone 3 at Butterworth/O’Brien. Bags located at the loading zone – be sure to attach your gear check tag from your bib). The Fifth Third River Bank Run cannot be responsible for lost items.
The bus will leave Exchange Zone 3 at 10:45a to take finishers downtown.
Leg #3 participants (3.36 Miles) Leg 3 Exchange Zone Map
Butterworth/O’Brien to Finish Line
Exchange Zone bus, located on Michigan Street (between Monroe Avenue and Ottawa Avenue) will leave downtown at 8:30a for Butterworth/O’Brien. Please bag your gear at the official Gear Check in DeVos Place – be sure to attach your gear check tag from your bib). Please plan to reunite with group members at the Michelob Ultra Finish Fest on Calder Plaza.
25K Relay Exchange Zones
- There will be a single staging area at each Relay Exchange Zone.
- Volunteers will be on-site to direct Relay participants to the Exchange Zone.
- It is the responsibility of Relay participants to know when their group member will be arriving at the appropriate Exchange Zone. This can be approximated by knowing each member’s running pace to estimate when they will arrive.
- Water and post-race refreshments will be available on the busses that will return participants running Legs #1 and #2 to downtown.
- Portable restrooms and medical support will be available at Exchange Zones.
- Aid Station #8 is located just past the Exchange Zone and participants may be getting refreshments from both sides of the road.
- All Fifth Third River Bank Run participants will wear the Chronotrack B-Tag for scoring purposes on event day, Saturday, May 12, 2018.
- Please attach your participant bib (B-Tag attached) to the front of your shirt for best results.
- Participant bib/B-Tag does not need to be returned following event.